About Mr. Venkat Nippani
Venkat is a Partner with the Cyber Security practice at PwC with over 20 years of professional experience in the areas of Cyber Security and Privacy Consulting. Prior to PwC, Venkat was managing Cyber Security Practices in organizations such as, Deloitte Wipro Consulting and GT.
He has worked on Information and Technology Security Consulting with focus on Cyber Security Strategy, Data Privacy, Regulatory Compliance, Technology & Cyber Security Audits, PKI Strategy
Venkat has significant experience in setting up offshore delivery centers and “Centers of Excellence” with experience in managing On-Site / Remote delivery management.
Venkat is a postgraduate in management and is a CISA, CISM, BS 7799 LA and ITIL Foundation Certified. Venkat is certified in “Technology Innovation for Economic Development from Harvard Kennedy School.
- Experience of Business Development, Managing Client Relationships and projects in countries including India, USA, Iraq, Ethiopia, Bahrain, United Arab Emirates (UAE), Kingdom of Saudi Arabia (KSA), Vietnam, Sri Lanka, Malaysia and Australia.
- Managed several engagements covering Cyber Security, Data Privacy, Regulatory Compliance, PKI Strategy, BCP and DR plans for Indian and MNC clients.
- Designed and assessed IT Risk, Cyber Security, Privacy and compliance requirements for several Global Development Centers, Off-Shore Centers, Technology Infrastructure Deployment, ERP Controls Reviews (including for SAP, Oracle, etc) Application Development & Deployment point of view.
- Have set up offshore delivery centers and “Centers of Excellence” in the areas of IT Risk, Cyber Security & Compliance offerings.
- Played the role of “Head of IT Risk Management & Security” for a period of one year (deputed) in a global Technology Solutions Provider, with operations in three countries of USA, India & Sri Lanka.
|INDUSTRY FOCUS||SOLUTION FOCUS|
|IT & ITES||Data Privacy & Protection / Personal Data Privacy|
|Pharma & Healthcare||Cyber Advisory Services / Cyber Security and Maturity Assessments|
|Telecom & Retail||Regulatory Compliance – HiTrust / 21 CFR 11; HIPAA; FDA Validation / PCI-DSS / GLBA|
|Financial Services||Infrastructure and Cloud Security|
- Post Graduate Diploma in Business Administration [PGDBA]
- BS 7799 Lead Auditor
- Certified Information Security Manager [CISM]
- ITIL Foundation Certification
- Certified Information Security Auditor [CISA]
- Innovation for Economic Development – Harvard Kennedy School
Managing consulting business as a profit center, in all my below roles, I was responsible for Business Development, Client Service Delivery / Relationships, People and Practice management aspects.
|PwC(March 2018 – Till Date)||Partner||Cyber Security Advisory Partner leading IT & ITES Sector||Establish and grow new consulting practice areas and service offerings.|
|Grant Thornton(October 2013 – February 2018)||Partner||Practice Leader – IT Advisory & Cyber Security||Establish and Manage IT Advisory and Cyber Security Practice|
|Grant Thornton (March 2011 – September 2013)||Director||Team Size Directly Managed: Over 40||Establish and Manage IT Advisory and Cyber Security Practice|
|PwC(August 2008 – March 2011)||Associate Director||Practice Lead – South: IT Risk Regulatory and Compliance Consulting|
Team Size Directly Managed: Over 20
|Establish and Manage IT Risk & Security Practice|
|Wipro Consulting (September 2007 – August 2008)||Senior Principal||Practice Head – India, Middle East & Asia Pacific For IT Risk & Cyber Security Practice|
Team Size Directly Managed: Over 65
|Establish and grow new consulting practice areas and service offerings.|
|Deloitte R10(January 2005 – September 2007)||Executive Manager||Service Line Leader – IT Risk and Controls |
Team Size Directly Managed: Over 50
|Setting up off-shore delivery centers and “Centers of Excellence” in the areas of IT Risk, Security & Compliance offerings. Manage On-Site / Remote service delivery / Team deployment and utilization with targets of over 80%.|
|PwC (April 1997 – January 2005)||Principal Consultant||Project Management & Practice Support||Have led and managed delivery of several large IT Risk and Security projects. Have played a key role in supporting the practice building activities.|