MOTTO OF NCC
The need for having motto for the Corps was discussed in the 11th Central Advisory Committee (CAC) meeting held on 11 Aug 1978. The mottos suggested were “Duty and Discipline”; “Duty, Unity and Discipline”; “Duty and Unity”; “Unity and Discipline”. The final decision for selection of “Unity and Discipline” as motto for the NCC was taken in the 12th CAC meeting held on 12 Oct 1980.
The NCC is a responsive, learning and continuously evolving organization. Its activity is guided by certain Core Values that we endeavour to instill among all ranks of the NCC. These include the following:
- A sense of patriotic commitment to encourage cadets to contribute to national development.
- Respect for diversities in religion, language, culture, ethnicity, life style and habitat to instill a sense of National unity and social cohesion.
- Abiding commitment to learn and adhere to the norms and values enshrined in the Indian Constitution.
- Understanding the value of a just and impartial exercise of authority.
- Ability to participate in community development and other social programme.
- A healthy life style free of substance abuse and other unhealthy practices.
- Sensitivity to the needs of poor and socially disadvantaged fellow citizens.
- Inculcating habits of restraint and self-awareness.
- Understanding the values of honesty, truthfulness, self-sacrifice, perseverance and hard work.
- Respect for knowledge, wisdom and the power of ideas.
We the cadets of the national cadet corps,do soloemnly pledge that we shall always uphold the unity of india.We resolve to be disciplined and responsible citizen of our nation.We shall undertake positive community service in the spirit of selflessness and concern for our fellow beings.