Vision & Mission
Institute of Research & Development (IR&D), Raksha Shakti University(RSU), Lavad, Dahegam, Gandhinagar was established with vision to create RSU a Research based University and with mission as:
“To study & explore semi-structured & unstructured problems to provide scientific, optimal & innovative solution in order to maintain peace and harmony in society and country.”
About the Institute:
The Government of Gujarat has established “RAKSHA SHAKTI UNIVERSITY” which is research led, interdisciplinary University and fiercely committed to research. With a singular focus towards creation of new knowledge having long term effects, we support our research faculty in incomparable ways.
Area & Team
- Pure, Applied and interdisciplinary is a core principle and our work usually involves researches from various disciplines of internal security.
- Our team of researchers comprises of faculty members of the constituent departments of the University, visiting scholars, doctoral scholars, graduate and undergraduate students who collaborate with each other on research projects across the Institute.
- M.Phil. and PhD programs
- Research projects in areas of internal security.
- MoU with Specialized Institutes
- Conferences, Seminars, Symposium, Workshops, Awareness Programs etc.
- Publications Cell: International Research Journal on Police Science, University magazine- KAVACH, Books and other University related publications.
- Cells: Intellectual Property Rights (IPR) Cell, Traffic Cell & Innovation cell
- Value Added Courses
- Internal Security product development (In future it may be expanded to Incubation center)
- Consultancy and Live Cases.
- Publication Cell
- The First Issue of the University Magazine named “KAVACH” was first released on 15th April, 2013.
- International Research Journal of Police Science started from Jul-Dec 2015 & first issue is distributed in DG conference
- Booklet on Commemoration Day
- RSU Newsletter covers all events, programs and activities of RSU.
- IPR Cell
- IPR cell organizes awareness programs/trainings & processes filing of IPR.
- Cell for IPR Promotion and Management (CIPAM) Department of Industrial Policy & Promotion | Ministry of Commerce & Industry & RSU jointly to organize TOTs.
- Trafic Cell
RSU Traffic Cell includes following projects:
- Know Your Police Men- A Mobile Application
- Share a Ride- Mobile Application
- Smart Vehicle Stack
Memorandum Of Understanding
- GNLU,CID CRIME, Sardar Patel University of Police Security & Criminal Justice, Jodhpur, PDPU, GTU, DIPR/DRDO, NIOH, Research labs like Centre For Multiple Intelligence & Dermatoglyphics (CFMID) Centre For Education Awareness and Research On Chemicals and Health (CEARCH), Supratech Laboratories, Brain wave scince.
- Vikas Sahay, IPS of Raksha Shakti University was selected for Eka Visionary Leadership Award by CFMID for initiating joint research project at RSU.
- Priyanka Sharma received “Best Researcher Award” in International Congress organized by CSI & ACM
- The project sponsored by MHRD and ICSSR to RSU for Study Social Media Obsession in Gujarat.
- ‘History and Future of Mounted Police in India’ book written by S Krishnamurthy, a former IPS officer who retired as DGP of Karnataka was published by Raksha Shakti University (RSU) .
- Organized International conference on Police Science in 2019.
- One Day symposium on AI IN CYEBR SECURITY RESEARCH
- Training of Trainers in IPR
- International conference on Police Science
- Ethical Hacking Workshop
- International Workshop on Statistical Analysis and Simulation
The Government of Gujarat has established “RAKSHA SHAKTI UNIVERSITY which is research led, interdisciplinary University and fiercely committed to research. With a singular focus towards creation of new knowledge having long term effects, we support our research faculty in incomparable ways.
Police and security Administration is vital for maintenance of law and order and ensuring peace and harmony in the society. The need of the time is to provide efficient, trained and professional manpower to meet the demand of police and other security forces. In addition to this, it is desirable to train and prepare manpower to tackle the upcoming challenges from various types of offences such as terrorism, economic offences, cyber crime, telecommunication offences and the offences requiring expertise in Forensic science. To make available such type of expert manpower.
Under the aegis of the Research and Development, University has started research fellowship scheme in the year 2011-12 and awarded three fellowships in different areas of Criminal Law and police related issues. The objective behind RSU Fellowship Programme is to encourage and foster research and development in the field of Police Science and Internal Security.
Internal faculties, Assistant Librarian and Assistant Director, Sports and Physical Education are also pursuing research on various topics. As we all know that research is an important feature of the university where ample scope is available for the researchers to share their experience. Most welcome to all aspirants who wish to be part of our University as a researcher/research fellows.