‘Extension and Public Activities’ aims towards making an intentional effort to fulfil the clientele needs of the community and stakeholders by developing an Emotional Quotient to serve the society. Unlike Social works, Extension aims towards ‘helping people to help themselves’ by creating awareness, changing their behavior, attitudes or practices and providing them skills to serve the society. We envision ‘Extension and Public Activities’ to act as a mediator between the subject experts and the community to make sure that the outreach is effective especially serving Internal and External Security of the Nation. Not just restricting to social causes, Extension and Public Activities also aims towards anenhancement in the RSU’s Global reach by providing a platform to students and faculty members to have an international exposure in the field of academia and national/ international security.
We are determined to achieve clientele change as an outcome of essential knowledge gained, skills acquired, changes in attitudes or beliefs, changes in behaviour, adoption of needful practices and technological changes and orientation of the community towards the overall growth. By organizing various events of educational and moral importance we are committed to provide an excellent medium and platform for the schools of the university to impart continuous educational guidance and inculcate moral values and ethics in the students. Our focus is to address issues identified by security specific clientele with committees, task forces or groups, and coalitions being involved in the strategic implementation, analysis and interpretation of the programs in the fields of Internal and External Security.
Our mission is to develop deep disciplinary knowledge, problem solving ability, leadership, communication and interpersonal skills that can lead the constituent groups and hence society as a whole towards strong and secure nation. To focus on enhancing the overall personality of the individuals and equip them to face future challenges and come up with strategic solutions for Global peace & Security.
With the profound ideas of Hon. Director General Prof (Dr.) Bimal N. Patel, ‘Extension and Public Activities’ laid its foundation at Raksha Shakti University, Lavad with the goal of engaging people in lifelong learning and addressing societal, environmental, disciplinary and real-time issues. Until now, Extension and Public Activities has organized various activities under its umbrella to support the mentioned objectives and continuously strives to foster the values and learnings amongst the people.
For this, we continuously organize various activities to inculcate the understanding and responsibility of serving the community and the nation amongst everyone. Also, we support series of disciplinary activities where the sequential function of this definition indicates that each of these educational events/activities is designed from an educational perspective to build on the previous event or the changing real-time requirements. Extension activities are thus, the sum of all the mentioned aspects and is achieved with the evaluation of the continuous efforts, which reflects Extension’s impact bringing the necessary change.
- Ensuring student participation in various curricular as well as extra-curricular programs and career enhancement activities through exchange programs, student enterprise, volunteering and work-based learning.
- Outreach of the campus system wherein an Emotional Quotient is developed by working and collaborating with people, understanding the real time requirements, evaluation of the strategies and aiming towards overall development.
- To provide support for dissemination of information, knowledge and skill to empower students, community & stakeholders to make them aware and put them on standardized parameters for Global excellence.
- To help various organizations and institutes in capacity building & provide consultancy for strengthening the safety and security of the Nation.
- To provide guidance to students as well as in-service officers to make them technology-aware and enhance their skill set.
- To achieve stated Aims & objectives, the Extension & Public Activity Division shall undertake following activities:
- Organizing seminars, conferences and expert lectures on emerging issues & strategic solutions in the field of Global Security.
- Conducting community services and technological enhancement based programs
- Conducting cultural exchange programs on regional, national and inter-national platforms.
- Celebrating days of National Importance.
- Developing deep disciplinary knowledge, problem solving ability, leadership, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ensuring student participation in career enhancement activities through exchange programs, student enterprise, volunteering and work-based learning.
- Focusing on strong mentor-mentee relationships which enhance overall personality of the stakeholders and equip them to face future challenges and to come up with strategic solutions
- Centre for Knowledge
- Centre for Excellence
- Centre for Community Services
- Centre for Cultural Exchange Programme
- Programme Coordinators
- Centre Coordinators
- Managing Team
- Admin Coordinators
- Admin Team
- PA cum Stenographer