Phone No. – 079-68126800, Ext: 303
Email – email@example.com
Research Area – Forensic Biology & Serology,Forensic Molecular Biology, Forensic Microbiology and Virology, Forensic Medicine, Forensic Nanotechnology Supramolecular Chemistry and Analytical Chemistry.
About Dr. Kalpesh Solanki
Dr.Kalpesh Solanki is committed researcher and insightful academician. He holds Ph.D. degree in Forensic Science, with the specialisation in Forensic Molecular Biology from Gujarat University. He has completed his Masters’ Degree in Forensic Science with excellent academic score. He awarded with National Eligibility Test and Senior Research Fellowship (2012) from University Grant Commission. He completed his Bachelors’ degree with specialisation in Microbiology. He specialised in DNA technology from All India Institute of medical Sciences (AIIMS-Delhi) and is also specialised in various analytical instrumentation techniques from Advance Analytical Lab.He also trained for various Forensic Tools and Softwares like Video authentication (Amped Authenticate and Amped-5-pro), FARO 3-D Crime Scanner, Video Spectral Comparator (VSC-6000HS), Polygraph(Lie Detector), Automated Comparison microscope and Voice Authentication and compression.
Dr. Kalpesh Solanki has joined the School of Forensic Science and Risk Management, Raksha Shakti University in 2018. In very short time he participated in various technical and purchase committees. As a convener, he conducted 5-day workshop on Forensic Entrepreneurship at Raksha Shakti University. He has been a subject expert and delivered invited lectures on “Application of DNA evidences in rape cases” at Gujarat Police Academy organised by GPA and BPR&D.
He also posses more then 20 years experience of working in various capacity in Microbiology, Pathology, Toxicology and Molecular Biology Laboratories. This work and research experience makes him Roborst researcher and good operational manager, Also he is hands on with various biological and analytical instruments, His expertise is on conventional capillary sequencing and Next Generation Sequencing techniques, complex cell-based assays on Flow-Cytometry (FACS) technology to complete advanced cell sorting. In addition to he is hands-on in various Analytical Techniques like GC-MS, HPLC, EDXRF and FTIR-ATR.
He has presented many research articles in National and International Peer reviewed journals, Also he presented 9 papers in various National and International conferences. He has researched on degradation pattern of various human tissues (Cardiac Muscle, Hepatic Cells, Skin Epithelial) and correlated them with postmortem interval. He has also developed highly sensitive methods for DNA extraction from various forensic samples like putrefied blood, Toothbrush and touch DNA. He has guided more than 20 students in the field of Forensic biology, Forensic Toxicology, Forensic Nanotechnology.
- Ph.D. in Forensic Sciences (Specialisation in Forensic Molecular Biology & Forensic Medicine) under the title of “Development of Molecular Biological Techniques and Its Application in Forensic Science” from Department of Biochemistry and Forensic Science, School of Sciences, Gujarat University.
- M.Sc,(Forensic Science) from Department of Biochemistry and Forensic Science, School of Sciences, Gujarat University.
- B.Sc. (Microbiology) from R.G. Shah Science College, Vasna. Ahmedabad. (Gujarat University).
Additional Qualifications & Trainings:
- Naturopathy Doctorate and Diploma in Yogic Science (N.D.D.Y.), Completed Three and half years course of which includes six months hospital Internship form Mahatma Gandhi Chikitsa Samiti, New Delhi.
- Forensic DNA fingerprinting 2 Months 2011 All India Institute of Medical Sciences (New Delhi).
- Advance Chromatography 1 Month 2012 Advance Analytical Research & Training Institute.
- Accountability & Responsiveness 7 Days 2014 Dept. of Sci. and Tech.
- Molecular Docking and drug designing 3 Days 2016 Schrödinger (USA) & Gujarat University.
- Completed CCC+ course from DOEACC accredited Institution.
- SAKSHAM-IT Champion 3 Days 2015 Microsoft & Gujarat University.
- URKUND (Anti-Plagiarism) 1 Day 2015 URKUND Sweden & Gujarat University.
- One years and eight months of experience as Assistant Professor in School of Forensic Science and Risk Management, Raksha Shakti University.
- More than 5 years Teaching and research experience as UGC-SRF fellow in Department of Biochemistry and Forensic Science, School of Sciences, Gujarat University from 1st October 2012 to 22nd March 2018.
Positions Held at Raksha Shakti University:
- Course Coordinator for M.Phil (Forensic Science) in the year 2020-21.
- Course Coordinator for B.A.S.M. (SEM-II) in the year 2018-19.
- Assistant Professor, School of Forensic Science and Risk Management, Raksha Shakti University.
- Member of various Technical & financial scrutiny committee of Instruments purchase at RSU.
- Member of University AdmissionCommittee of RSU.
- Member of syllabus drafting committee of Forensic Psychology (MA/M.Sc.Forensic Psychology) of RSU.
- Awarded with UGC-NET qualification with Junior Research Fellowship in June, 2012.
- Nominated Member of the BPR&D appointed National Committee for development of E-Content in Forensic Science for Police Officers under E-Ustad Scheme.
- Delivered Expert lectures to Police officers and Advocates of Gujarat, for ““Application of DNA evidences in rape cases” at Gujarat Police Academy organised by GPA and BPR&D.
Books/ Conference Proceedings/ Monographs
- Published paper conference proceeding in “International Conference on Translational Nanomedicine (T-NANO 2014)”, organized by Ahmedabad University, Gujarat, December 15- 17th, 2014.
Refereed Journal Articles/ Magazine
- Sensitive, Rapid and Cost Effective Approach for the Estimation of Time Elapsed After Death Using Human Cardiac Troponin I’, International Journal of Current Advanced Research, Kalpesh Solanki, Tapan Mehta, SK Menon.06(11), pp. 7607-7610. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.24327/ijcar.2017.7610.1190 (Impact factor: 6.7).
- Picric acid capped silver nanoparticles as a probe for colorimetric sensing of creatinine in human blood and cerebrospinal fluid samples. AK Parmar, NN Valand, KB Solanki, SK Menon, Analyst, 2016,141, 1488-1498. (Impact factor: 4.019).
- OLEANDER: AS PROTAGONIST AND ANTAGONIST World Journal of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences. A. Alchi, K Solanki, HA Pandya, Volume 6, Issue 8, 2446-2461. (Impact Factor 6.647) Maternal anaemia during pregnancy and its impact on perinatal outcome. International Journal of Biomedical And Advance Research, TM Goswami, VN Patel, NH Pandya, AK Mevada, KS Desai, KB Solanki.IJBAR (2014) 05 (02) DOI:10.7439/ijbar .
- “Artificial Blood” Vigyan Vishmay. Dr.Kalpesh Solanki, ISSN:2319-233X,(Kshiti Publication,Gujarat).
- “Forensic examination of handwriting” Aditya Kiran. Kalpesh Solanki, ISSN:0974-4657.(Kshiti Publication,Gujarat).
- Organised five day workshop as convener on “ Forensic Entrepreneurship ” at School of Forensic Science and Risk Management, Raksha Shakti University, LAVAD.
- Member of Organising Committee for the Workshop on “Research Methodology and Statistics ” organised by Department of Biochemistry and Forensic Science, Gujarat University,(2016).
- Paper presented in “XXXI Gujarat Science Congress-2017”, organized by GSA, GERMI, PDPU and ISR on 4th -5th Feb, 2017.
- Participated in “Regional Training Programme on URKUND (An Anti- Plagiarism Detection Tool)”organized by Gujarat University and INFLIBNET, Ahmedabad on 24th Sep., 2015.
- Paper presented in “XXIX- Gujarat Science congress-2015”, organized by Gujarat Science Academy, 28th Feb- 1st March, 2015.
- Participated in seminar on “Herbs N Health 2015 (HNH 2015)”, organized by Gujarat University Botanicals Society and Women Development Cel, 10th July, 2015.
- Participated in seminar on “Molecular Modelling & Medicinal Chemistry”, organized by Applied Botany Centre, 21st March, 2015.
- Paper presented in “International Conference on Translational Nanomedicine (T-NANO 2014)”, organized by Ahmedabad University, Gujarat, December 15- 17th, 2014.
- Attended a workshop on “Intellectual Property Rights Awareness – 2014”, organized by GUJCOST, 6th March, 2014.
- Attended a workshop on “Intellectual Property Rights”, organized by National Innovation Foundation and Gujarat University, 8th October, 2014.
- Participated in “XXIV-Gujarat Science Congress-2010”organized by Gujarat University and Gujarat science academy, Ahmedabad on March 21st 2010.
- Attended One-Week Training and certification Programme on “Voice Spectrograph” organised by Chief Forensic officer, ACUSTEK Ltd, Ireland and KAV Engineering Pvt. Ltd. at RSU, Gandhinagar from 6th to 10th March 2019.
- Attended One-Week Training and certification Programme on “FARO Focus 3D Laser Scanner and FARO Scene Software” organized by K. K. Geosystem Pvt. Ltd. at RSU, Gandhinagar from 6th to 13th May 2019.
- Attended Two-Days Training and certification Programme on “Amped FIVE and Amped Authenticate, AMPED SRL – Italy” organized by Lab System & Biotech India Pvt. Ltd. at RSU, Gandhinagar from 28th to 29th May 2019.
- Attended One-Day Training and certification Programme on “Foster + Freeman Forensic CrimeLite 2 Kit” organised by Perceptive Biotech Pvt. Ltd. at RSU, Gandhinagar on 26/06/2019.
- Attended seven days Training and certification Programme on “Comparison Microscope” organised by LEEDS Forensic System USA and KAV Engineering Pvt. Ltd. at RSU, Gandhinagar from 9th to 13th July 2019.
- Participated in the XX All India Conference of Directors of Fingerprint Bureaux – 2019, organised by Central Finger Print Bureau, NCRB, Ministry of Home Affairs, New Delhi from 17th to 18th October, 2019.
- PG – 20
- UG – 08